My dearest crafty friends..:)

Looking for Art/Craft material ? Search here..

Friday, December 20, 2019

A zentangled butterfly !

Hi my crafty friends..
Today for the first time I tried my hands with zentangling and must say I loved it :)
So this is a layered card I made today with a zentangled butterfly in the focus.



So lets see how I made it with my 5 months baby continuously distracting me 😁
I started out with a blue and a pale green colored assorted paper.
Cut them to size and pasted on the blank card.

Cut out a butterfly from the pale green paper using a dummy stencil I have made from a used sticker set 😁
I generally dont throw away the sticker set after using as I sometimes use them to draw outlines of the objects.
Then drew a zentangle pattern on the butterfly using pencil and later colored it using a teal colored sketch pen.


Then to give some dimension, i used a carboard cutout in the same size to paste the butterfly and a sticky foam base to paste it onto the card.

My craft partner keeping an eye on everything 😁 Hope he develops an interest for the same 😋

Then I made use of some silver, teal and blue-silver glittery tapes to form borders and across the butterfly.
Sprayed some silver paints with the brush on the blue cutout and some blue paints on the pale green cut out . Painted some white drop downs above the butterfly. Added some glitters on the drops and on the butterfly.
Stenciled some mini butterflies on the left corner of the card and near the Stamped sentiment.
Painted the pale green portions with yellow so that the color resembles lime green .
Was taken under the fluroscent light when the colors were not dry...so the creases.




Entering the card in 

Challenge # 228 - Anything Goes w/Optional Twist: Doodling or Zentangle Art


Hopr you liked the creation...Thanks for visiting 💜

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty little butterfly. So creative to use your "sticker" stencil. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the negative from your butterfly sticker to use as a stencil and then made a beautiful artsy zentangle design on your butterfly. Your finished card design is so creative. TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Hugs..Nancy P.S. Your baby boy is Adorable and very alert for 5 months. I think he is fascinated by your stamping project:-) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project! Thanks for using the challenge colors at Inky Paws. Hope you'll join us again. Be sure to use at least one Newton's Nook Designs product. There's free digital images if you don't own any yet! Thanks again!!
    Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too just got into Zentangle. It is very relaxing.Fun card! Thanks for joining us for the last challenge of the year at Inky Paws!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love behind❤️ 😊